Hasselback Root Veg and Cashew, Dill and Tarragon sauce
This is a super simple vegan dinner recipe that feels really indulgent. Perfect for a cozy dinner, a dinner party (oh yeah...remember dinner parties), or to accompany a Sunday roast. They make the best leftover/desktop lunch too.
1.Heat the oven to 200C
2.Wash and clean all your root veg, leave the skin on for ease or if you have time peel - its your personal preference
3.This is the only part of the recipe that takes time but its worth it (and it doesn't take that long)
Cut slits in the veg leaving the bottom intact - using a large spoon to rest the veg makes this a little easier and makes it super quick.
4. Rub olive oil all over the veg and seasons with salt and pepper
5. Bake for an hour re-basting as necessary
6. Add 1/2 cup of cashews covering with water to a high powered blender, lemon juice (half a lemon) and half a clove of garlic - blend until smooth
7. You may need to add more water to get a dressing consistency, you are looking for a smooth creamy sauce.
8. Add in 1 1/2 tsp of chopped tarragon, and 1 1/2 tsp of chopped dill and stir through
Drizzle the sauce over the potatoes as soon as they are ready and serve immediately while potatoes are in all their crunchy glory!